We provide access to veterinary care for the pets of our homeless and underfunded neighbors
We are a nonprofit organization funded solely by contributions from donors. To support our work, please click here: https://pethelpersporttownsend.org/please-support-our-work
- Provide access to veterinary services for sick and injured pets when their people cannot afford it.
- Engage the local community in Port Townsend and the surrounding area in taking an interest in seeing pets and their owners stay together in a healthy way.
- Partner with veterinarians, pet-care businesses, warming shelters, housing communities, and related organizations.
- Provide guidance on pet healthcare.
- Provide shelter or fostering for pets during inclement weather, while owners are in facilities that do not allow pets, or in times of dire need.
- Send volunteers into the homeless communities to offer the services we provide.
- Help get pets microchipped and licensed (Licensed pet owners are not charged an impound fee if a lost pet ends up at the shelter.)
- Make vet appointments and provide transportation to and from appointments.
- Assure underprivileged pet owners that our goal is to assist in keeping them and their pets together by providing resources they need to keep their pets healthy.
- Raise funds to support the above goals.